Kickin' it in Casa

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bunny Tails

When I was in fourth grade, I vowed never to cut my hair too short to be in a ponytail ever again. Get a trim, yes, but cut, no. This is the reason my mother no longer cuts my hair. A little from this side, a little from that. Oh, but it's not even. A little more from this side, a little more from that side. I hated it. It was so short and I had an unruly, curly mess on my head, that I could not even get out of my face.

So, three months ago when I decided it would be a good idea to donate my hair to Locks of Love, I must have had a legally insane moment. To obtain the required amount of hair, at least ten inches, my hair was cut to just below my ears. Aaaagh! Too short to put in a ponytail.

I have tried everything. Half ponytails, bobby pins. My hair is to short to put back. The only thing that seems to work is to put my hair in pigtails, which just begs the nickname "Pippy Longstockings."

About a week ago, I was overjoyed. It went into a ponytail. Now, let me explain this ponytail. I can only fit about half of my hair into the ponytail. The rest gets bobbypinned. And, the hair that goes into the ponytail is only about an inch long. One may think I am exaggerating. I am not. Anyway, I was so happy, I bragged to all my friends (who just laughed) and all my classes. I bragged to the youth group and to the volleyball team. It is a memorable event to finally have hair the length of a kind-of-ponytail.

Well, after "bragging" about my hair to everyone, life just went on. Until about three days later, when at a volleyball game. I had my hair in a "ponytail" and was sitting on the bench next to one of my players, talking about the game, when all the sudden she started laughing. I looked at her, confused, and she pulled on the "ponytail," and said, "You have a bunny tail!"

I have graduated... from Pippy... to Bunny Tails.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

What? No pictures?

I think you definitely should go with the pigtails. With wire coat hangers in them.

The bunnytail look- that's what I usually had when my hair was longer too.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Stacedoggie said...

Long hair huh? Yeah... I can't wait for the day when it can just be a normal ponytail!!!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home